Monday, January 12, 2015
Advice: Solicited or Unsolicited
When I came across this clip art treasure, it was perfect! I can't tell you how many times people tell me what they do, what their sister does, or about their great aunt's cousin who got knocked up and cured her migraines.
I realize that in these instances, people are genuinely trying to help...for the most part. (Except for the person who said if they had to live like me, they'd just slit their wrists. But sayeth the naysayers.)
I'm on Facebook. I've seen the picture of the girl with her hands/feet in the sink and an ice pack on her neck. I've read the disgusting green smoothie one. Yes, I am familiar with essential oils, and, no, your "morphine bomb" is nothing like morphine. False advertising. The new one is the salt thing. Basically all ways to cure migraines.
I'm not saying these things can't be beneficial to someone, but I'm too far down that path for those to help. Plus, the word CURE bothers me. Migraines are a neurological disease. Scientists have actually identified the gene that holds the migraine disease. It is not curable, but it is treatable, which is where my journey continues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment